Monday, January 17, 2011

Favorite things...


Took my dudes to see TRON th'other night.

That's one of my favorite things. I was downright emotional after. Since I became a 'Dad' I've looked forward to this phase, the stage where I can take the dudes out and do dudely things with 'em, like watch movies, eat chips etc.

Wonderful.

Love 'em.

Another one of my favorite things is the sense of momentum that's come to roost at my little church. THE WELL is really starting to buzz. We've got just under a couple thousand people popping by the site each week (and actual--physical--attendance and giving are growing at 40%+), taking a look around, listening to some of our work, checking out our facebook and twitter feeds, just generally poking at us.

It's funny to watch. I've done this before--the whole 'start a church from scratch' thing--and I'm seeing familiar signs as more people start showing up, start loving it, and start getting involved.

This past Sunday was one of the best church services I've been a part of in the last ten years, bar none. This is a good thing. All it takes is for you to faithfully string together a bunch of those, week after week, year after year, and--the Lord doing what He does--you end up with a church of some significance that makes a dent of some significance in a culture that has a wickedness problem of some significance.

Just like Yours Truly.

That's right. I've got a wickedness problem.

That's why, when things go right--like a church that's turning the corner or young sons who are starting to turn the corner into their 'young manhood'--you especially praise and thank the Master/Maker 'cause none of the goodness you're experiencing is goodness you deserve.

Grace.

It's a beautiful thing.

(Oh, and we just locked a new 5-days a week talk television series for 2011-2012. But I'll tell you about that a little later in the week...)

I feel a cool breeze blowin'...

T

No comments: