Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What you got(s) to do...


Directing today.

With a sinus infection.

So I'm directing from a prone position on the floor. It would be funny (it it wasn't so crappy) to look back and actually count how many days I've spent directing while feeling so sick I can barely function. One time I directed (a feature film) through the night after totaling my car that evening. I couldn't move so they rigged my monitor on the ground, covered me in a sound blanket and away we went.

Sometimes you just gotta' do what you gotta' do regardless of how you're feeling.

This is especially the case in show-biz where budgets and timelines and production schedules conspire to become an insane pressure cooker that forces you to do things no sane person would (or should) do.

Like direct with a sinus infection.

T


No comments: