Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Super-fan...


O.K, so I feel a bit nerdy.

Why's that?

Well I'm not typically much of a fan-boy, y'know?  I tend to be pretty self-possessed, some would say 'proud', etc...

So, I'm not the type to run around screaming my allegiance to this and that singer, or director, or whatever.

There are some folks though who I just sincerely admire.  Folks whose clear talent I find simply inspiring and life-giving.

Joel Auge is one of those dudes for me.  I know him well enough to say 'hi' when we meet once or twice a year at some function or other but not well enough to say he's a 'friend'.  Let's say he's friends with my friends so I've been around him enough to have decided that he's the real deal--as if that's my decision to make...

Way back in the late nineties, when he was just starting out in music and I was just starting out on-pulpit and on-screen he led worship at a youth-church I had planted.

He had 'it' then.  He has 'it' now.  

Just bought his album on iTunes.  You should too.

T

No comments: