Monday, December 22, 2008

Where I work...

Thought some of you might like this.  A shot of the neighborhood in Vancouver (Yaletown) where I spend most of my time.  Our 'studio' (a tiny, very humble, glorified 'office' really) is just up the street from where I took this shot.

I took this while on a walk with my wife and babies back in October.  It was a lovely Saturday morning and the light was just right.

I figured I should post a little peace and happiness after my last harangue.  

'Cause sometimes you're stuck on a plane next to two hacking men (and their cold feels like it's starting to catch on in my throat just now...) but sometimes...

You're walking with your loved ones in the sun.

Life's not all one thing.

It's an assembly.

(and, of course, an 'assembly' is what you call the first cut of a film and a '[sacred] assembly' is what a Church service is sometimes called, so the analogy fits our focus here at SFS...)

Piece by piece, you stick at it and--eventually--end up seeing something beautiful built in the midst of it.

So, if you're a little on the 'bleak' side of things today, take a second to notice the light in that shot and then take a moment to find the light within you.

It's there.  I guarantee it.

Just search.

T

No comments: