Friday, October 1, 2010

A good helper...


"And the Lord God said, 'It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him..."

-Gen 2:18 (NKJV)

Now, I realize that some of you might bristle a bit at the thought of a woman as a designed 'helper' to a man. To that I say, this is my blog and I'll cry if I want to. Or, this is my blog and I'll live and write from a Biblical worldview if I want to.

Doesn't mean you have to.

I'm sure Gloria would *love* a visit.

That said, I wanted to point out my beautiful wife up there because she helped me today.  She was helping me the day my youngest son took the above shot.  We were sailing to Toronto and Niki spent the trip sitting at the stern to 1) keep me company (it was a long sail) and 2) to watch the wind and the weather systems so that she could 3) grab the tiller if/when I needed to make sail changes to keep us moving and safe.

A good helper.

A friend of mine put it this way, "God gave women to men as helpers because men *need* help..."

It's true.

We had a chat this morning. She came on pretty strong, pointed out some things I was missing and urged me to take right action.  I listened (mad at first) but--seeing as she knows me better than anyone else alive--I listened good, got over my anger, weighed what she was saying, sat on it a bit, then took right action.

Thanks Nik.

If you're a man and you have a good godly wife, listen to her.

She's there to help.

If you're a man who's older than 22, has a job, and is still single go find a wife quick...

You could use the help.

T

No comments: