Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Like flies to honey...

See that dude to the left of frame?

He's busy rushing the set of one of the music videos I produced this weekend. When he gets there he'll grab the artist-mid performance-then start screaming at us for making noise at night (despite our permit from the city to be there doing just that) and refuse to leave the set for 30minutes.

I had to call the cops.

I feel like I attract crazy people these days.

Is it my fault? Maybe. Maybe it's 'cause I'm so good looking, or nice, or well-spoken? Maybe it's because I'm so mean, self-focused and determined.

Dunno'.

Once the cops got there, things got better.

The flame effects were pretty cool though...


And the artist (in the middle above) and Director, whose shoot this was (pictured on the dolly foreground) were both happy with things which means I might get to work with them again and might get to keep their friendship despite the fact of working together.

That can be a thorny one.

In fact, I've been bitten in the butt more times working with friends than I have with crazy people storming my sets or my church.

Crazy.

Sometimes, I get to feeling a bit tired of it. Tired of causing friction, tired of being a 'lightning rod'.  Some days I think a factory job might be nice.  The machines don't talk back (I know this--I worked at the Mississauga Pepsi plant for a few months back in the day) and the paychecks come nice and regular.

But, the day inevitably came where I got 'ahead' of the machine and had some time to rip off a piece of cardboard from a Pepsi 24-case and write down on it my goals for the next ten years (2000-2010).

Since 2010 is almost done, I figured I'd revisit that list sometime soon for you.

But today, I gotta' rest a bit.

The crazy people have made me tired.

T

No comments: