Monday, May 2, 2011

In motion...


Good moment, that.

We uncovered the boat Saturday after a long winter hibernation.

This means spring is coming which means summer is coming which means we're going to be out on the water soaking in some sunshine and jumping into the water and sipping a drink and eating a sandwich while the water swishes past on our way to the Island where we'll sit in the cockpit under the stars with dearest friends, red wine at our elbow, before curling up on ridiculously small but surprisingly comfortable berths to sleep the sleep of the just.

I can picture it all.

How 'bout the rest of my life and mission? Can I picture it just as clearly? Does one image equate a thousand others in the realm of what I've been put on the Earth to 'do'?

Sobering, and inspiring all at the same time.

Tough, rough, scary week this one for me kids.

I've been thinking all day, "The GREAT thing about being in a position where no one but Jesus can help is that only JESUS can help, which means that--if I get through this--on the other side I'm going to be possessed of a faith that's been immeasurably built in this harrowing time."

Yes yes.

I believe it. I have this strange sense of calm in the midst of the storm.

Yes, it's possible I'm crazy. It's possible I'm deluded.

It's possible I'm inspired.

T

1 comment:

Splurge Sisters said...

Is it time to send English Muffin money again? If so, email your address to me (holywild@uvic.ca)

Standing with you, hoping.

Caron Somers
Victoria, BC