Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sailing home...


Pretty dark times over here.

In fact, there's nothing much I can say. I've started a few posts or blogs recently and deleted them, one, 'cause I know my wife doesn't like me 'sharing' online at the best of times which means she's probably doubly reluctant for me to share at the worst of times and, two, because I hear my Mom's voice in my head (tormented by these women I tell you...) reminding me that if I don't have anything positive to say I shouldn't say anything at all.

This means a protracted silence should be in order from yours truly.

Yet, I see the many of you each day who pop by to check out this here blog. I dunno' what you're looking for, but I've always assumed (due to the tenor of this here blog and the reason I started it in the first place) that it's to find some kind of encouragement as certain aspects of my life and story intersect with yours in ways that bring life (in whatever small way) into your journey.

So, lacking anything really good to say, I figured I'd post the above video of me sailing my boat home this past week. That was a good day, a nice moment, a positive experience.

I'm hoping for more of that, in more ways than one.

I can say, regarding the dark place we're in, that it's either going to break open or shut down. At least we're in the position where it's gotta' turn, for the better or for the worse.

The wife and I were saying last week that, while we're hoping for good things, any kind of closure would be welcome at this point.

Hoping to find hope.

T

1 comment:

Coldplay: Steve Noble's hockey hotbed said...

Awesome video. I could almost feel the wind on my face.

Ahhhhh, now back to the grind, lol.

Hope you guys find what you're looking for.