Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Wishful thinking...


Sometimes you just gotta' put it on paper.

The wife sent me out on a last-minute grocery run yesterday. I asked her to make a list. Once she finished I added a few points. See if you can spot where the handwriting changes above...

That's right, at 'shreddies'.

I added my favorite cereal, milk (which no family can do without) and then two more items that I'm desperately hoping to pick up in the very near future.

'Hope' and a cool million bucks.

Now, it'd be normal to think I'm smokin' something, that--looking at my life--there's no reason for me to believe that 'hope' or any kind of financial payoff for the work we've been doing for the past 12 years or so are likely to appear anytime soon, if ever.

Yet, I persist in belief.

Seems to me, that if you stop believing then you must stop doing. I mean, why else would you being doing what you're doing unless you believed it was 1) what you were supposed to be doing and that 2) it was *actually* leading you somewhere.

So, yes, the main point of writing those last two down was to get a laugh out of my wife and my sister who were both in the kitchen (while 7 kids ran roughshod through our house) and both in need of some encouragement; and, yes, I got a laugh.

But I also meant it.

For me.

T

No comments: