Friday, July 8, 2011

Hello again...

So I've realized it's not this blog that's threatening to kill my soul.

It's facebook and twitter and my hit tracking site, which means...

I'm the problem.

See, left to my own devices, I'm concerned about what people think of me and hungry for other people's lives.

I'm the problem, and the problem is idolatry.

This has become clear to me as I've been doing my 'web-fast' this past little while. It was also made clear to me on vacation this past week (and it was a wonderful break with wonderful weather) as the beauty of Muskoka threatened to steal my joy.

Weird, right?

See, the beauty of God's creation should be drawing my gaze to Him and making me love and thank Him for what He's done and for involving me in it.

And that happens to some degree.

But at one and the same time I feel myself lusting after the fabulous cottages and the fabulous lives of the cottagers.

And that's no good, and that requires repentance.

So, I'm at it, doing my best to repent and enjoy.

Gratitude seems to be the heart of Godliness and of Worship so I'm determined to keep turning the corner from my tendency to worship false 'gods' so that I worship the one who made it all.

T