Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sitting and thinking...


I spend a lot of time sitting.

That's me on the ground between takes recently.

Sitting.

Typically, when I'm sitting, I'm thinking. Thinking about what's next, thinking about how to solve whatever problem has just cropped up, thinking about how to make sure what I'm doing dovetails as perfectly as possible with what I'm supposed to be doing.

So I sit.

I realized years ago that I needed to give myself permission to be still, to sit and look like I'm doing nothing. See, it had come clear to me that, when I'm sitting, I'm not actually doing nothing, what's happening is I'm recharging.

Letting the brain recirculate.

Letting the soul quiet.

Taking a moment to take stock and 'realize' where I'm at.

This sounds 'zen' I know but, in fact, it's Biblical.

"Be still and know that I am God..."

If God is real, if He made you for a reason, then--seems pretty clear to me--when you're still you get a chance to re-connect to your raison d'etre.

Yes?

So have a seat ladies and gents, have a seat.

T

No comments: