Monday, January 16, 2012

Back to life...


Nice little 'happy accident' on my windshield yesterday.

The 'Tree of Life' decided to pay me a visit.

Yes, it's actually SALT that had trickled down the windshield, which I shot, flipped, and tweaked a bit to yield the above tree.

A reminder to me to keep my eyes open, 'cause you never know when hope's gonna' show up.

Keep your eyes open.

Having a hard time with that lately? Yeah, me too.

This new year, the wife and I have a lot of work to do. We're approaching (gasp) middle age and are feeling some pressure to be sure we're spending our life the way we ought to be spending it. So, I think, we're going to intentionally go on a few 'dates' in the next couple months where we'll just talk about life, what we're doing, what we think we're supposed to be doing, and what potential changes we need to consider making to align the two. One thing we've learned in 15 years together is that, if you don't talk about things, then make adjustments based on your talking, you don't end up living the life you've always wanted, you end up living the life you end up living.

So, two things for you today good friend.

1) Keep your eyes open.

2) Make sure you talk about what you see and make the right adjustments based on it.

Life (in my opinion) 'aint worth much if it's just lived 'as-is'.

Just sayin'...

T

No comments: