Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dream making...

You just gotta' keep putting belief into action.

I have to constantly remind myself to keep taking stock. See, in the midst of things, I tend to get a little 'down', feeling like my life is going nowhere and that I'm accomplishing nothing. It helps, when I'm in that place, to remind myself of the tangible evidences I'm in possession of that *prove* that we're making progress.

I have a real tendency to hold up one or two or three key 'goals' as *the* measuring sticks by which I'll decide whether my life is on track or not. Naturally, being in show-business, said milestones are fairly significant, which greatly increases the difficulty with which they will be attained.

The bigger the dream, the harder it is to 'make' it come true.

So, today, when I sat down to color correct the trailer for our next feature-length project I had a moment where I was reminded that this is a fairly big deal, that to even 'have' a 'second' feature-length project is something I would have given my left (you know what) for ten years ago. Yet, here I am, in the day-to-day of my life, and I feel stressed rather than thankful, dissatisfied with our progress rather than grateful.

That little title on screen today reminded me to repent and do the first works, reminded me to rediscover the wonder of youth. Reminded me to be thankful and to keep doing my part to help 'make' my/our dreams come true.

T

No comments: