Tuesday, January 24, 2012

THINK about it...

How much time do you spend THINKING about your life?

It's funny with humans, right? None of us know what the other is thinking. I often find myself wondering if YOU spend as much time thinking about your life and work as I spend thinking about mine. Naturally, I assume you're DON'T, which makes me feel like a wastrel who should be working more and thinking less.

However...

If you don't stop to THINK about what to do, how is it that you decide to do what you end up doing? Or are you on auto-pilot?

Recently, in meetings with people, dealing with life, just day-to-day-ing it, I've found myself wondering if they've stopped to actively *consider* the track they're on. It's amazing to me how, if you don't really work at it, your life tends to just curve wherever it wants to curve. This is especially problematic when you're in a relationship with someone. There you are, living your lives, not really thinking (or talking) about 'em, just doing what you do each day and, a few years in, you find yourselves drifting apart.

"How did this happen?" you ask.

I'm not *sure* of the answer but I have a sneaking suspicion that a) you didn't spend much time thinking about why you're here and what you're supposed to be doing with your time and b) as a result, you didn't really *talk* to your partner, didn't really actively 'dream' with them (which is just speculative thinking) and, therefore, it's no wonder that you're finding yourself ending up with not much in common.

First, take a moment or two each day to stop and think.

Second, take a moment or two later in that same day to talk it over with the love of your life.

You'll be the better for it.

T



1 comment:

Hans Eich said...

I think about that often as well. It's funny; I find myself find myself wondering about how aware people are of themselves at the moment that I see them. How do they persive their own reality at the moment. They probably don't think of themselves and are not aware of the moment as I am right there and then. Then again, maybe they are.

I think, you are making a great point: it is a great thing for a person in a realtionship to include their partners in their awareness of the moment and reality, this creates a deep bond and a deep rootedness in real life together... Thanx for your inspiration.

Peace out, Hans