Wednesday, September 1, 2010

In the land of Giants...


Yup, Me and Carl Reiner.

What a guy.  A Hollywood legend with more experience and talent than most people I'll ever meet, and a 64-year old marriage to boot.  Interviewed him yesterday.  I'm shooting 30 interviews in 3 days this week.

Lots of work.  Lots of stress.

I was so horrified yesterday morning it took a real act of will to get myself downstairs to start working.  Once I got the first interview done I started feeling better, started remembering that I can 'do' this, starting feeling like this is a good thing to do, something worthwhile in a small simple way.

I was talking to my business partner and another friend with me (our DP on this shoot) and mentioned that I think, deep down, I--in some way--don't feel 'worthy' to be doing this, to even *be* here. I think I still feel like a little Pentecostal boy from Israel who shouldn't be rubbing shoulders with people like Mr. Reiner.

My biz partner looked at me and said, "Well, if you ever feel like you've got a right to be here, that's the time you need to start getting really worried..."

I think he's right.

It's a very humbling deal being here, doing this.

Gonna' go get my 'interviewer outfit' on and go do my best.

Again.

T


No comments: