Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Angels...


"Whom we lay to rest this day, with sorrow, yes, but also with joy for we know that he is, in all likelihood, even now, teaching the angels how to lay compost in the fields of the Lord..."

My closing line from Robbie's funeral.

My friend Blake was there, sketching as I spoke.

The result, above.

Lovely stuff.

Thanks Blake.

For more on Robbie visit...


As for me, I'm neck deep in producing a new TV series pilot to be shot next week. I have set renders coming in, crew booking up, a budget to keep under control, a script to write, visual elements to plan and design, two great guys working with me on it and mounting pressure.

Oh, and our house renovation is 2/3's done.

Through it all I'm much more deadpan than I've ever been. I have this 'third voice' in my head asking me from time to time if I'm slipping into depression.

I don't think so.

I also don't really care that much at this point.

Which sounds EXACTLY like what a borderline depressed person would say.

I'm not depressed. Jesus is good. I'm just sad.

That's all...

T

1 comment:

Suz said...

I am a true believer in the heart wrenching aches and pains we go through are only an inkling of how God aches and longs for us. He knows your heart, He knows your pain and you are supposed to go through a time of mourning... feel the sadness and be who God made you to be Todd... He understands... so sorry for you loss