Saturday, March 26, 2011

Up (c)hits (s)reek...

Just gotta' be honest with you.

Every time I sit to down to write a sermon I break down.

I gotta' say that either this Jesus stuff is completely true, completely real and the most utterly important thing there ever was or we're all up (c)hits (s)reek.

I don't think we are, but I gotta say that the depths of pain and grief I feel these days are like weights on my soul.

And at the same time I can TASTE (actually TASTE) the goodness of our sweet Lord in ways that are utterly inexplicable to me. I feel like a crazy person.

I'm breaking down and being built up all at the same time over and all over again.

It's almost too much to take.

Kinda' like glory.

Kinda' like Ghost.

Kinda' like Possa' (ask Jess).

Kinda like hope.

Oh man, Oh man, gonna' NEED the Holy Spirit tomorrow, I can feel it and (if He comes) I know I'm gonna' probably end up screaming and doing an altar call.

I can feel it like a storm, like the barometer rising, like the tide swelling, the wind building, the rain pounding, like my sorrow swelling, His comfort welling.

Oh man.


T

2 comments:

Craig said...

Hey Todd, I love your honesty in the short few posts that I've read. Listen, we don't know one another, but I randomly came across a video of you on YouTube. I'm a new church planter in San Francisco after leaving itinerate ministry last year. Have a past in the charismatic movement and have been discussing with my team and even in a book about the marriage of charismatic and emergent ideas. I would really like to pick your brain a bit, if not make a connection.

Todd Cantelon said...

Sure thing Craig. I'd love to connect. Drop me an email anytime. toddc@tmginc.com