Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Picked him up...

Picked him up today.

My sweet, sweet brother in law who died a week ago today.

The cargo guys (above) were striking, but they let us through.

Darn right they did. Me and Jess were in no mood to be trifled with.

You can read the whole post...


As for me, I'm sad and angry and exhausted tonight. My wife keeps telling me she doesn't know me anymore. She's not mad about it, just 'feeling' it deep.

We're on our computers non-stop. Did you hear about the hits to his site? Like more than half-a-million so far from more than 60 countries.

Now THAT'S mind blowing.

My blog and my church's site are also way above average in their traffic and we're not mentioning either of those on his main site.

But, clearly, people are interested in this story and doing some online digging.

("Hello, online diggers. Truly nice to see you.")

Looks like I'll be preaching at the funeral. Dad will do one short sermon (for the Dads and Moms of his age coping with loss like this) and I'll do another (for our peers in their late twenties and thirties) for whom Robbie's death ought to be a clarion call to action.

Gonna' ask the Holy Spirit to help make that a moment worth it's weight.

My brother will do the last worship set.

Now THAT'S going to be something worth experiencing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Robbie gets to turn his ear from the Heavenly chorus for just a second to listen to what we'll have going on this coming Saturday.

Please pray for our family and especially for Kate. The hurt is running deep right now.

T

No comments: