Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Back to work...


Feels like my life just stopped three weeks ago.

It certainly has changed.

What's been weird as the days turn to weeks is that life just keeps going. There are still tasks to accomplish and things to work hard at. I felt myself slipping into a 'who cares' attitude last week. Quickly realized that I can't let that happen but, even with the 'decision' made to 'man up' and move forward, I still didn't really 'feel' like I cared, I was just acting like it.

Tough.

This week we'll shoot a TV series pilot. The set design team is in today building the set. You can see them above, getting the graphics laid onto the backdrops, painting the floor, laying out the staging, checking the internal lighting on the set pieces and header, basically hustling their little butts off so that tomorrow we can light.

The Director of Photography (the dude who 'paints' with light) and his Gaffer (the dude who knows how to create and mix the 'colors' if you will) dropped by today to take a peek. They seemed pleased. Tomorrow should be fairly intense with them lighting and me working with the talent (two hosts) to get them acclimated to the space and the way in which we're going to shoot this thing.

Then, Thursday, we shoot.

It's familiar chaos around here. I will say that I'm thankful to have the experience built up at this point that this isn't freaking me out. I recognize the chaos, know how to roll with it, and--in fact--kind of welcome it 'cause it means I'm working.

Robbie would want me to keep working.

We're also trying to move into our 90% renovated house this weekend. Each day I plan to do more painting and each day I get sabotaged with other things. Hopefully tonight I can get a couple hours in.

My poor wife is fairly stressed at this point. They say 'death in the family' and 'renovation' are two of THE most stressful things that can happen to your marriage.

Yeehaw! We got both going.

Wow.

Anyway, I'll keep putting one foot in front of the other and will post some more shots as the process continues.

Peace, peace, God's peace...

T

1 comment:

Splurge Sisters said...

Praying for grace in shattered places for you today!