Tuesday, February 16, 2010

dovetailing...



So here's the definition of "dovetail":

"...a flaring tenon and a mortise into which it fits tightly making an interlocking joint between two pieces..." (Merriam Webster)

An interlocking join between two pieces.

That's the part I like.

That's the trick for the life I'm trying to live. A life where you find a way to get your hopes and dreams to interlock with your day to day work.  

My wife and I took some time this morning over our second cup of coffee to talk about some of our long-term 'life goals'. The thing we're struggling with is how to fit those goals in before our kids are too big while still doing the work we've been called (and given) to do in the meantime.

The upshot is I'll write a new treatment for a TV show today (then have a meeting on it this afternoon) to see if we can't take a big step in the right direction.

Dovetailing.

(what two bits of your life should you be working to interlock?)

T


 

No comments: