Thursday, February 11, 2010

Up to my old (new) tricks...


I'm in Van-city again.

Great town.  I miss it a bit.

I posted a lot of shots like the one above during my crazy 2008, a year where this town was my 'home away from home' in the truest sense.

But in those 'working shots' I was always working on something TV or film-related.

Today's shot (though you wouldn't know it) has me working on this Sunday's sermon for THE WELL.

(how very strange)

See, I have no 'church roots' in this town. The time I spent here was hiatus time, self-discovery time, getting my a$$ kicked by the Almighty time.

So to be back (on the eve of the Olympics with the whole WORLD walking the streets) and to be spending my one free day here cooped up in a 19th floor condo working on my sermon for this Sunday is a sweet kind of counterpoint.

Sweet.

Simple.

And hard work.

Lemme' just say I'm thankful for the journey--it's been quite the strange and amazing ride. T'will be very interesting to see what happens next.

(hopefully it involves a 'good' sermon--with some 'West Coast' flair to it)

T

No comments: