Thursday, February 18, 2010

waiting...


I'm sure I've mentioned this before.

Waiting is difficult.

That puts me squarely in the middle of a difficult season. I'm currently waiting for a bunch of projects to 'firm up' or get finally rejected.

The key ones include:

-a feature film distribution deal
-several syndication deals for a TV series
-renewal on a TV series
-development progress on a TV series
-funding for a graphic novel initiative

While waiting for those to 'do their thing' I'm working as fast as possible to 'develop' as many ideas as possible.

Those include:

-4 new 'adventure-style' TV series
-A new sit-com
-A new micro-budget feature-film script
-3 feature-scripts for packaging consideration

And--if you were to be really ruthless in your assessment you'd say that NONE of 'em are happening (right now), which could make you one sleepless dude.

Unless you trust.

That's my challenge these days (and perhaps always in my line of work). Learning to trust and allowing that trust to filter into my angst and give me peace.

It does feel like we're slowly starting to 'solidify' as 'real' adults.  Starting to get some actual 'momentum' under us.

Slowly.

My hope is that my friend (the 46 year-old mogul) was right when he looked at me and said (a couple months back...) "You're how old, again?" (I answered) "Oh, yeah, you're just getting started. Watch, these next ten years will be where you really start to pick up steam..."

Plus we found out it's 'my year' (Tiger) this year, so that's supposed to be a good thing (!)

If you're Chinese...

T (aka: "Ting")

No comments: