Monday, August 9, 2010

Reflections on an Ordination...

Okay, so there's a few ways to look at this...

1) It's going to KILL my showbiz career, 'cause--I mean--who wants to hire a REVEREND to write or produce their next movie?

2) It's going to really HELP my church career, 'cause--I mean--with my showbiz career tanking I'm going to be forced to (after 17 years of trying to be bi-vocational) put all my eggs in one basket.

3) It's just a TITLE, I've been doing the same work forever, doesn't MATTER what you call me.

So why couldn't I stop crying yesterday?

I dunno'.

Part of it was me 'resigning' myself to simply being who I feel like God told me to be (whoops, there goes the showbiz career again...) when I was 11. Part of it was just the typical reaction I have when the Holy Spirit shows up palpably in a room. 

I dunno'.

It was a special day.

We PACKED (almost) THE WELL out.  It was really nice to see the room full.  We had people scrambling to go get more chairs once the service started 'cause people just kept filing in.

A sign of things to come, I thought.

Worship was sweet.

I preached well.

The Ghost (GodtheGhost) was there in a way you could feel.  I could see people crying all throughout the sermon.

A special day.

My Grandpa (the saint) read Scripture like it's meant to be read.  My brother and sister led worship. My Dad prayed my Ordination prayer and had to stop twice he was so overcome.

My wife and kids were there with me.

It was a nice day.

I could 'feel' like the people in the room, the people (visitors excepted) who are starting to make THE WELL their church home, were 'feeling' what was happening and feeling like it was something special and that their baby church is gonna' be more than just alright in days to come.

I felt tired today, 'cause of yesterday.

Very tired.

Didn't get much done.

Gonna' go to sleep early so I can get up at 5:50am tomorrow and starting working like a man with a 'title' to defend.

Rev. T

3 comments:

chris jones said...

nice! Wish I could have been there! i as over at St.G wanting to be at your ordination!

Coldplay: Steve Noble's hockey hotbed said...

that's heavy. in many ways. but like you've been saying in this very blog spot bro, life is just like the waves you love to sail: right now you're going up the side of a big wave.

Who knows what the next wave will hold but God will be there blessing you no matter what or where you go.

life's a journey and if you ever actually reach a point where you are satisfied with your positiion and what you've achieved, that's when you know you're old, lol. And I'm glad to hear you aren't old.

anyways Rev. that's all to say that I have no fear you'll do well no matter where your energies and passion are directed. much love as you continue on your journey.

Unknown said...

Awww, Todd!!

Congratulations.