Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Watching...


Huge day this past Sunday.

Yes, Church was good, but not huge.  We're still summer-bound.

But the WIND and, especially, the waves (after church) were.

HUGE.

Took the fam' out into full-on ocean conditions.  The rollers coming in from the East were at least five to maybe seven feet and the wind was a steady 12-15 knots. We'd approach one wave, pitch way up, then come crashing down the backside sending spumes of spray up from the bow, some of them reaching all the way back to my family, who were perched on the rail, taking it all in.

They were watching for the waves.

Waiting for the next one to come and take us for a ride.

Just like me.

Waiting for the wave.  Waiting for all the momentum of my life to amount to something.

And here's the point for me today. My kids (and wife) were squealing and laughing between the waves, enjoying every minute of the ride.

That's what I should be doing.  Enjoying the ride, squealing with delight at every new twist, turn, pitch and yaw.

I *do* feel something coming, I don't *know* what it is, but I feel like it's almost here.

T

No comments: