Monday, February 28, 2011

What are YOU doing?

He's looking up at his Daddy thinking, "What are you DOING Daddy?"

For the full post...


As for me, I'm working.

Working on playing my part keeping a family together that's kinda' coming apart at the seams a bit and not fighting it too much 'cause we know God's the One who's doing the tearing.

Working on putting together a WONDERFUL funeral for Saturday.

Working on a live recording of said funeral so you can WORSHIP with us long after and so that maybe, just maybe, a couple thousand people will download it so maybe, just maybe we can help Robbie's legacy continue.

Working on a house in renovation. Choosing samples, breakin' stuff and putting it back together, doing my best to not think it trivial. Looking forward to Wednesday when my brother, Rob's brother, Rob's best friend and I (and any other dude who loved Robbie and is in the area and wants to come and emails me to let me know--toddc@tmginc.com) will build a bathroom in said house while drinking beer like Mad Welshmen while listening to Dave Matthews Band played loud in the presence of our King and the vivid memory of our Robbie who would've (and should've) been there building with us.

Working on a new TV series pilot I've got to shoot next week.

Working on sending the things I need to send to H'wood in the wake of some spectacular meetings there last week (or was it last lifetime?).

Working on staying in contact with my wife. This whole 'grief' thing can drive you apart if you're not careful.

Working on my little church, 'cause it's growing and maybe (just maybe) about to hit a spurt.

Working on listening to Jesus and expecting good things.

Working on walking in repentance.

Working on the pain.

Working on the disbelief.

Working on the grief.

Working on my life 'cause--especially now--I gotta' live it well. And it wasn't like I was exactly 'coasting' before but I said, the day he died...

"I can already feel my focus hardening..."

'Cause I've got WORK to do.

T


No comments: