Monday, August 15, 2011

Rollin'...


No I'm not getting into yoga.

Yet.

I have been shooting.

What, 38 episodes in the last three weeks?

Sumthin' like that.

I was verging on burnout the last couple weekends as a result. Last night me 'n the wife were in bed, asleep, by 9:30pm. Yup, the big pimpin' life of your friendly neighborhood pastor/TV producer.

And it 'aint stopping anytime soon.

See, our friend 'Mo' seems to have shown up. And I say 'seems' 'cause Mo's a bit twitchy, doesn't like you getting too comfortable with him, doesn't want you to take him for-granted.

Mo-mentum.

Yeah, church's got it and production company seems to be gettin' it too. Pretty strange stuff. You know those books that say it takes 10 years to 'make it' in show-biz ('making it' being defined as having had enough success and enough of track-record that you are earning your principal income from your show-biz work...) well, it's almost ten years for me now. It'll be ten full years in early 2012. It was 2002 when it hit me that if I ever wanted to 'make it' in show-biz I'd better start really focusing on it. That's when I started teaching myself screenwriting. Along the way to 'screenwriter' I became a producer. I have comforted myself with thoughts of Brian Grazer who also started out to become a writer but turned into a producer along the way.

Oh, the church? Growing at 15% summer 2010 to summer 2011. Don't get me wrong, we're still really small and humble, but we don't feel that way. The people we got are blazin', moving in their gifts, making miracles happen, growing in the ghost.

I can wait 'till fall.

Back to the 'biz. We're staffed up on one of the series that was endlessly 'pending' the first half of this year and have started shooting. Pretty cool stuff there. I give thanks to the Lord for His faithfulness. It's quite the thing this roller coaster ride, but so long as you don't jump off, I find that (nearly ten years later) all the ups and downs do end up getting you somewhere eventually.

Not necessarily where you thought you'd be.

Thanks 'Mo.

Really trying to stay focused. My 'mantra' the last couple years has been...

Simplicity. Humility. Repentance. Trust.

SHRT.

"Shhhrrrtttt!"

(like that Russ?)

Almost an expletive.

(Can you tell--from the lyrical tone of this one--that my homie Russ G. just hooked me up with Lupe and Jay-Z and Kanye's new ones? Seer can tell.)

Non-stop hip-hoppin' over here.

Me 'n 'Mo...

T

1 comment:

cyr said...

ahahah for sure seer can tell my homie.

may your work and your life be blessed.