Monday, October 24, 2011

Party...

Sometimes you just gotta' party.

My wife taught me that.

See, I grew up a 'church boy', never went to a school dance in my life.

My loss.

She's been helping me loosen up. I didn't really start 'learning' anything on that front from her 'till about 5 years ago. Since then I've been learning how to let down my guard and just enjoy people and moments of celebration.

I'm learning I don't have to be 'on' all the time.

No, this doesn't mean I stop loving Jesus, or stop doing what He's called me to do. It just means that I allow myself to embrace 'fun moments' when they come up in a simple, childlike kind of way.

All of this points out to/reminds me what a naturally 'proud' person I am/have been, and we all know, 'pride' is probably THE most grievous sin there is.

So, here's to my beautiful wife, the fact that she looks 10 years younger than she is, and that she's still willing to help me get over myself.

Repentance through partying.

That's my line for the day.

Love you babe.

T

No comments: