Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The wife...


Ahh, the wife.

The wife, the wife, the wife.

The wife.

It's her birthday today.

She don't look much older than when I first met her. In fact, nearly twenty years (and four kids) later, she's in better shape now than she was then, and that's saying something.

The wife has more than looks though.

The wife has brains, and brawn, and hustle, and charm, and people-skills and work-ethic.

The wife.

She's a great Mom, a brilliant organizer and gifted people-person.

She looks WICKED in a short skirt.

Saying too much? It's my blog and I can swoon if I want to.

Swoon about...

The wife.

Here's what my Dad told me (from the first week I understood the English language) about the wife...

"Choose someone based on what they're going to be like at 40. If you can see yourself attracted to and enjoying this one when she's 40, then she's worth pursuing..."

Now (of course) I'm not selling the wife out like THAT.

She 'aint nowhere NEAR 40 yet.

But still.

She's looking mighty fine to me these days, and we're closer to 40 these days than we've ever been.

Might I take the energy of this day for me and turn it towards you, encouraging you to do whatever it takes to re-discover the wonder of your...

Wife.

T

No comments: