Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What would you do...


...for free?

Seriously. Is there anything you *like* enough to do it for free? Is there anything you're so good at that it brings you almost pure joy just to do it?

Maybe THAT'S the thing you should be doing.

Go where the passion is.

That's what I'm wrestling with today; taking a good hard look at the things I'm doing and the things I want to be doing and trying to track the passion in 'em. Another way to put this is something I call 'the two million dollar test'.

If you had a cool $2,000,000 sitting in the bank, free and clear, what would you want to be doing today? If the things you're doing today you'd be doing tomorrow (WITH said 2mil in the bank) then, I believe, you're doing what you're supposed to be doing. If, however, you'd jump ship without a look back then, well, seems to me you might be wasting your life.

'Cause, come to think of it, what's your LIFE worth?

Much more than $2,000,000 no?

So, why are you wasting it doing something you don't have PASSION for?

"But where am I going to get my money from?"

Doesn't 'provision' follow 'passion'?

"Well, I dunno' Todd, I've never really tried living my passions..."

Right.

It's a constant struggle. There's fear and insecurity involved as well as a need for constant, truthful, introspection to make sure you're *actually* on-track doing what you're *actually* supposed to be doing and not deluding yourself.

But, that said, I'm pretty sure it's better to SPEND your life pursuing what you're passionate about than to WASTE it trading the hours of your life away for dollars.

Just thinkin'...

T

No comments: