Monday, January 26, 2009

Oh my sweet Lord have mercy...


Sad, sad moment just now.

CNN (and my man Anderson) just interviewed the Director of a new documentary (airing on HBO this Thursday) on Ted Haggard, the former 'super-pastor' who got called out for having a homosexual affair.

His Church kicked him to the curb.

They showed a clip from the documentary with Ted putting 'door hangers' (looking for work) on residences in Arizona.  They showed a UHAUL van he, his wife, and FIVE kids were traveling with, all across the country looking for employment and a new life.

My heart hurts.

Can you imagine his kids?  His wife?  Displaced because of their Dad and his Church.

Oh man.

So sad.

It just occurred to me again how important it is to try and be transparent about your weaknesses, how valuable humility is, and how quick we are to judge others while neglecting to examine ourselves.

And I'm reminded of the importance of being consistent.  Consistent in what you believe and how you act.

Being true to character, as we'd say on-set.

Keeping it real, as we used to say back in the day.

Apparently he's now selling insurance.

I hope he finds peace and happiness.

T

No comments: