Friday, January 9, 2009

picture and sound...

It's just a picture...

But if you could add a story to it, and dramatize that story in a screenplay, and shoot that screenplay with actors on a set, then add sound and music and visual effects to it.

Well then...

You'd have yourself a movie.

I'm writing 25 shows to be shot Sunday/Monday and, on top of that, I have to host a national prime time TV special tomorrow morning and, on top of that, I'm starting to work on setting up a feature-film in between writing breaks AND workshopping ideas for a new TV series at the same time.

This is what I do.

And this is what I'm listening to, today/tonight, as I do it:

Iona's  'Woven Chord'.  

Nine Inch Nails' 'Year Zero'.

and...

Handel's Messiah.

I think Lupe will be next.

'Cause you need a picture (which I've got in my head as I write) and sound.

The rest is detail.

(like the small detail that I've been sitting in this chair for ten straight hours now...)

And if you love hip hop you gotta' peep this.

T


No comments: