Friday, October 2, 2009

kindergarden on the go...


Everywhere I go I've got this mini-kindergarden that follows me around.

Just took the wife and kids to Starbucks downtown.  I'd finished writing for the day a little earlier than expected and my wife was going a bit stir-crazy 'cause it's raining in our hometown. As a result of said rain she was also feeling a little depressed about what's coming to our neck of the woods--mainly six months of basically awful weather--so I figured a little intervention would be worth it.

She's also stressed that--having just planted a new church--we can't escape to the sun for the winter which would be her first choice given the opportunity.  Add to that my wrestling with the enormity of what we've done and the long-term implications and I figured some coffee and a scone were definitely in order.

On the way the kids didn't stop talking, laughing, singing, screaming the whole time.  And I do mean the whole time.  I looked at Niki at one point and said, "It's like I've got a kindergarden following me around wherever I go..."

And--as we spent some time over coffee--I realized that that is a good thing.

Keeps us young.  Keeps us on our toes.  Keeps us healthy.  Keeps us selfless.

Have some kids friends.

You'll be the better for it.

And the deaf-er.

T

No comments: