Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The land of the free (guns)...


Eight and a half-hours in the car later, we arrived in Florence Kentucky--just outside of Cincinnati Ohio.

My kids were great in the car.  Pretty cool to be at the stage where I don't quite need to stab myself after that drive.

Anyway, they hit the pool, and I hit the local Walmart for some milk...

And a shotgun.

Well, not really, but I thought I'd let you know that, here in Kentucky aka: 'god's country', you can get a side of shotgun with your milk AND the shells are on sale right next to the portable stereos.

Wild.

It's amazing to me how different the World is a mere eight and a half hours from my front door. This challenges me to keep the wide wide (weird) World in mind when crafting stories and sermons.

'Cause people may be different everywhere but they're also the same and finding the hinge between those two realities is the key to effective communication I think.

T

No comments: