Thursday, October 8, 2009

more of the same...


That'll be us tomorrow.  Another eight and a half hours on the road--in torrential rain I hear--headed north and home.

So SO tired today.

Was up at 6:00AM and on-set by seven.  Shot five in-depth interviews with leading scientists on the creation side of the 'creation/intelligent design/evolution' special I'm currently producing.  Shot one with an eminent--and rabble rousing (if you believe the reports)--atheist evolutionist last night.

Went well.

Spent the second half of today playing with my kids, swimming, grabbing lunch, hanging out etc.  This is the first time they've accompanied me on a short-term shoot.  I found it a bit more stressful than I expected.  Not 'cause of them but because I didn't know 'how' to do what I needed to do with them around.  I've got a pretty established rhythm when it comes to doing this kind of thing and I've never had to account for them being there on a short term shoot.  The uncertainty attached to this made me real grumpy the first day we were here but by the time I'd finished shooting last night I'd settled down, realized I can do this with them here, and stopped being grumpy.

Today was effortless.

The footage we shot is SPECTACULAR (shooting with a superbly talented DP/Director) and the content matches.  I think we might have something with this one.

We'll shoot two more interviews next week and fly to Vegas to shoot my stand-ups (as host) out in the desert with the red rock and cobalt blue sky.

While we were here our permanent screen and projector were installed at THE WELL so that should be fun this weekend.

Got my wife's birthday to plan this month and our next shoot in L.A for UNSCRIPTED.  And, on that front, I just found out this week that we may have a ratings hit on our hands.  So far UNSCRIPTED is doing better than anything the network has aired in our time slot in the past two years.  If we can grow another 10% we might be the highest rated show they've ever had in that time slot.

So, that might be cool.

Also reconnected with one of my oldest friends last night (via text on FB) and for that, I'm very thankful.

All in all, one of those good and productive weeks.

DOG tired though.

(that sounds SO 'Kentucky')

Gotta' get home.

T


No comments: