Tuesday, March 23, 2010

ballistic...


I'm not *saying* anything about it yet...

(nope, can't make me)

In other news:

Just got a call from H'wood and they LOVE one of the latest things I've been working on.  It's a beautiful thing. I've been on tenderhooks for a week 'cause I sent them my latest 'pass' ten days ago and I've been waiting to hear back.

The protracted silence had me thinking they *hated* my latest revision but didn't know how to tell me.

When the email popped in today (from them) I actually had to take a deep breath before opening it, I was so scared it'd be horrible.

But it wasn't.

It was good.

Sure, I have MORE writing to do, but that's how it goes.  The trick here is finding a way to synthesize my worldview and preferred story approach with my writing partner's worldview and bias.

The funny thing is, H'wood seems to be responding to the story as pitched--a story deeply steeped in my bias and mythic/theological preferences--but he has *actually* sold and co-produced a major U.S network drama series and really does know what he's talking about and has his ear to the ground in terms of the mainstream secular entertainment appetite.

So, how to combine his sensibility and mine?

That's the challenge.

And, lemme' say, it's a great privilege for me.  My WHOLE life, this has been the track I've been (hoping, wishing, trying to get) on. Trying to be a guy who believes (and loves) what he believes and loves while staying 'non-boneheaded' enough to still get invited (eventually) to dance with the real players in the real world.

Very humbling and exciting all at the same time.

To say nothing of the fact that I  had my own 'personal revival' last week because of this...

No comments: