Tuesday, March 16, 2010

In the land of the rising sun...

No, I'm not going to Japan.

I'd like to though. I have two friends who just got back and they LOVED it. Said it was really clean and cool and friendly.

No, no Japan for me.

The rising sun is in my head.

See I've started doing some cool new work.  Started a new screenplay. 23 pages in. Hoping to finish it this week.  Started a couple new budgets for TV series, which can sometimes end up as something 'actual' to produce. Started our first Membership Track at THE WELL and had our giving numbers jump (not 'necessarily' as a direct result, but it's pretty dang coincidental) to our best two consecutive weeks ever.

Tracked our web stats (also at TW) and they're quite robust.  Almost 20,000 times since we've started (six months ago) people have hopped onto our site for some searching, some encouragement and some sermons.

Pretty humbling, cool stuff.

Plus, the SUN has come out.

15 and sunny today.  It's glorious.  Spring is in the air.  Environment Canada has 'officially' called winter 'over' saying it was the warmest, driest winter in 60 years (Hooorraayy!) and I was 'boat shopping' yesterday.

Yes, you heard me.

Boat shopping.

Looked at two small ones.  Neither is the right fit for us.  But, man, was it fun to be 'actually' doing it.  I mean, I had a deposit in my pocket.  Didn't use it but would've.

And THAT'S (if you know me at all) thrilling.

Anyway.

Figured I'd update you a bit.  It's rare for this here blog to sit silent for a whole week.  It's been a busy first week as a (gasp) thirty-six year old.

Today it's doctor's appointments for all four kids AND the wife. So I'll be playing 'taxi driver' and 'waiting room entertainer' instead of working...

But in my mind, I'll be at play in the fields of the Lord...

(you too?)

T

No comments: