Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My family loves to travel...


We arrive at our hotel in downtown Ottawa and within two minutes they've got the radio cranked (dance music blasting) their clothes put away and, well, you can see the rest.

What's Jordan doing, down there on the floor?

Interpretive dance.

Seriously.

They're just like their mother. They love nothing more than traveling. We arrive in a place, they make it their home, move right in, then embrace the city.

We just walk around, explore things, and enjoy each other. Same recipe every time. 

I realized today, watching them through my lens, that I need to work very hard in the next decade to try and get them away more often and to further-flung places.  Then, when the time is right, I need to take a sabbatical and pull them right off the map into uncharted waters to let them see the World.

(and before they're too old to care)

They just love seeing new cities.

Gotta' see them dancing like that in places more imaginatively-fired than downtown Ottawa.

Though, seeing our Parliament building was cool.  I was having 'Prime Minister Visions'.

Think I'll stick to preaching...


T

No comments: