Friday, April 30, 2010

How I read my Bible...


This is part of my whole 're-focusing' thing.

That shot illustrates how I read my Bible.  I always stay in the Old Testament, the New Testament, the Psalms (the red ribbon marks 'em) and--recently--I've added constant reading of the sermon series I'm currently preaching (Philippians) and the one I'm doing next (Joel).

I've taken to sitting with the wife on the couch after we've gotten the kids to bed and doing my reading, slowly, while she works on her laptop (personal training stuff, FB stuff, random emails) and does her 'late night phone calls' with her Mom and various friends.

(some things never change...)  :)

And I read, while the NBA playoffs play background...

It's been good.

Very good.

Thought you might like to try it sometime.

Peace,

T