Friday, April 30, 2010

simple encouragement...


Funny thing happened at breakfast this morning.

My wife asked me, near the end, "So, what are you preaching on, this Sunday?"  I thought about it for half a second then quoted the passage...

"Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead. I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Therefore, let us, as many as are mature, have this same mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you. Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind..."

(Phil 3:12-16 NKJV)

And halfway through, she started crying.

Could be she's feeling emotional.  Could be the text got to her.  Could be her life has her in a spot where she's really needing what it seems like God's got brewing for her this week at THE WELL.

Might be true for you today as well.

(if it is, maybe come see us, 10:30am this Sunday...)

It's loaded with goodness.

Gonna' do my best to write something beautiful and useful today.

Pressing on...

T

No comments: