Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Waiting for it...


I feel it coming. 

Change, a speeding up of pace, an increase in productivity and busy-ness.  I couldn't tell you exactly *why* I feel it but I'm quite sure I do.

The signs are all around me.

One of the most reliable signs is the number of pages I use each day in my working notebook. More pages means more on the go, more opportunities, more possibilities.

My notebook's been ripping it lately.

Another sign is the number of appointments I have to schedule each week and the number of phone calls I have to make to my wife to make sure our schedules are in-sync.

Lots of that happening.

Another is the amount of people-related stress I'm dealing with. When nothing's really happening in your life you don't have a lot of people-related stress 'cause 'doing things' means doing them *with* people which means if you're not doing anything you don't have to interact with people much.  The more *things* that start happening for you the more people you've got to dance with and, Lord knows, people (including this one) are strange creatures.

Definitely more of that kind of stress these days.

My fingers hurt.

Too much typing.

My head hurts.

Too many things to imagine, plan, write and do.

But I'm happy.

I often say, "Better busy than dead..."  It could be spring, or it could be spring and the fact that a windstorm of work is headed my way.

We'll see.

(plus, I got a sailboat to get ready...)

T

No comments: