Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Deepest sorrow...

In case you're wondering about Robbie...

We have been working very hard, and many friends and agencies with us, to get Kate, the kids and maybe even Robbie home as soon as possible.

Those working with us have been experiencing some 'favor' so we might have very good news soon. Please pray for the Lord to smooth the way on repatriation.

At this point it's possible that a funeral will be happening as soon as next week, the week of November 1st, and the likely location for the funeral will be the Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge area. We are working on a location. It will be large with parking to accommodate those of you traveling from a distance. I will let you know as soon as we have a firm date, time and location.

My brother Jess is arriving in Africa late tonight to be with Kate and the kids and to assist with their return home. Please pray for safety and strength for him.

Jess and Kate and the kids will be saying 'goodbye' to Robbie's body tomorrow so, if you've been praying for them, you could do so with great fervency late tonight and into the wee hours of the morning (they're 7 hours ahead) if you think of it, or at breakfast tomorrow our time.

Kate has asked us to put together a 'video' for Robbie's funeral so my post-production team will help on this. We ask that you begin sending hi resolution still photos to me at my corporate email which is:

toddc@tmginc.com

You can also, via that same email, discuss with me how you might send me VIDEO of Rob that you would like included. If you could please make sure to send your video clips already cut to the proper duration that would be very helpful. We will try to set up an ftp site very soon so you can just upload them yourself for us to use.

We have located Rob and Kate's MPV and it's still available to them--even has the car seats still in it--so I've arranged to have that brought back to my house this week. We became aware that there is still $8,000 owing on the van so we would like to ask you to help us pay that off.

There is a pledge system up now which you can use by clicking HERE.

Or, you can wait 'till tonight when www.danielroberthall.net will be live as a way for you to give.

We're also going to be asking you to consider giving financially to help get Kate on her feet. As you'll know she and Rob sold EVERYTHING they had before heading overseas so she's going to be facing some intense re-building.

In case you're wondering about 'life insurance' we do not have any information on that at this time so are determined to aggressively fundraise in the meantime.

I will do my best to do long form updates here.

Please join Robbie's FB memorial page HERE.

And help us build something for Kate and the kids as soon as Robbie's main site it up.

Please pray for the Halls and for our family as this is pain like we've not yet experienced so far in our lifetime.

With thanks,

T

2 comments:

David said...

I think you mean March 1st man (not November).

Coldplay: Steve Noble's hockey hotbed said...

I'm not going to b able to make it back east for the funereal but I paid my respects while waiting with Jess at the airport before he left for Africa.

It's crazy how the cliches flock to mind when something so random and senseless happens. You're whole life perspective gets rocked amlittle bit ... Maybe a lot ...

I'm not going to eulogize here but I will say I remember taking off for Sauble Beach on a spur of the moment nearly 15 years ago with Robbie and Jess, with nothing more than a few sleeping bags and a case od John salesman's finest.

We made a fire, camped illegally on the beach, wrestled, swam and loved life. That is until the temperature dropped 15 degrees and virtual sand storm had us packing up, spitting gobs of sand and heading for the city by 6am.

The dude was always up for adventure, he lived life to the fullest and was that rarest of man who could have fit into the Cantellon clan while stealing Kate's heart. He set a standard on so many ways ...

Ok I guess I did eulogize - maybe just a little bit. Much love and prayer to the Cantllon and Hall clans during the absolute worst of times... I can't tell you how sorry I am.