Sunday, February 27, 2011

Support...


My sister and her kids come home today, less their Daddy--my beloved friend and brother-in-law--the lovely Daniel Robert Hall.

Holy smokes, I still can't quite believe it.

Church at THE WELL is going to be wild today, and at ten other churches I can think of right off the top of my head; churches pastored by dudes who loved Rob. Our band is primed to blow the roof off the place, most of my closest friends are coming, my Dad is preaching to honour King Jesus and sweet Robbie who loved Jesus and was loved dearly by my Dad.

Naturally, every single freakin' cent of our offering today is going to support Rob's memorial fund. I just wanted to say that, if you're a Pastor reading this blog, I would invite you to prayerfully consider doing the same at your church today.

Giving 'alms' to support widows and orphans is clearly Biblical. Your churches can give a one-time 'benevolence' gift in accordance with your by-laws and the tax receipt your Church can give your people for their gift just might free up some of them to give much larger amounts than have been given so far.

This is a young woman widowed on the mission field in Africa, left with three children under the age of six.

It should be our honour to do this.

Yes, I'm her elder brother, but I'm speaking to you Man to Man, Pastor to Pastor.

I urge you to give.

Happy Sunday people, 'cause though life is hard, JESUS is good and--knowing him as I did--I'm 100% sure sweet Robbie would agree.

T

No comments: