Monday, February 23, 2009

The beat goes on...

So they say 'artistry' runs in families.

In my case my Paternal Grandmother always wanted to be an actress, my Dad is a writer, painter, speaker, poet, his Father was a preacher/author and my Maternal Grandfather was a poet, writer, craftsman, musician.

My brother is a singer-songwriter, my sister a singer-songwriter and writer, my Mother is a very accomplished television producer.  

My Dad's brother is a sculptor, my mother's brother an author.

Two of my cousins are professionally trained musicians, one earns his living as a singer-songwriter.

My great uncle was an author and musician, his son; same deal.

My great-great uncle was the first televised preacher in Canada.

One of my female cousins is an actress, two of the others have sung their entire lives at Church.

Oh, and my first-born daughter?

Looks like she's turning into a fashion designer.  That's her dress design up top--inspired by watching the Oscar's last night.  She did it all on her own, no prodding, no input, no nothing.  

"Look at the dress I designed, Daddy..."

Lord help me, we've made a fashionista...

T


No comments: