Wednesday, February 25, 2009

something good...

So most of today was crappy.

I did my job though, fighting through it.  We're winding down production on two of our TV series and anything to do with 'winding down' in our industry is typically a little bit less than fun.

But we're finding a way through.

Then, I got to the point in my day where I'd basically finished everything I REALLY had to do and still had some time left before I had to transition back upstairs.

(I work from a home office in the basement)

So I pulled out a script that I've been supposed to be doing a 'dialogue pass' on since August. I've been super busy and quite stressed and just haven't found the right moment to do it with the right heart.

Today worked though, and yes, the story's got something to do with the above image.  Who knew? :)

Pulled it out, finished from page 85 (where I'd left off) to page 103 then had tea with Niki then came back down to go over it again from page one.

It's a good story.  One I'd like to make.  One I think I can make for a million and a half or so and get distributed properly.

In fact, I've got a phone call with a major U.S distributor this coming Monday to talk about it.

Fire in a bottle baby.  Fire in a bottle.  That's what I'm makin', and that's what I'm sellin'.

Thank God for something good in the midst of the grind.

Thankful man over here.

T

ps: check my facebook profile out to see some of my February interviews...kinda fun.

No comments: