Saturday, February 14, 2009

heavy times...


A shot of my notebook from yesterday...

I've been tasked with finding a way to finish the first season on one of our television series for as little money spent as possible.  I actually did the math late last night, after fourteen and a half hours at my desk, to figure out how many permutations--or variables--I'm dealing with re: putting these last episodes together.

Ready for the number?

46,200

That's right, forty six thousand two hundred possible scenarios that I have to wade my way through.

I've been at it--trying to figure this out--for the past four days straight.

Hence the silent blog.

The key point to relay is this: I'm in the midst of what I often refer to as a 'dark time'.  Things are looking very (very) bleak and I'm having to find a way to try and do my best work despite the fact that it's doom and gloom (in a very serious way) all around.

Welcome to producing.

We're setting up to shoot today and I'll have to project positivity, passion, encouragement, focus, determination and hope.

Despite the fact that I'm about ready to throw in the towel.

I said to my wife that the only thing keeping me from total despair is 1) the God factor ie: I believe that there are forces at work here beyond my control and I trust the ultimate outcome will be what it should be and 2) our history, meaning we've been through times like these before and have typically lived to look back and say, "Well, that sucked, thank God that's over..." and have generally found ourselves further up and farther in once it's over.

But in the valley, it's a tough slog lemme' tell you...

T

No comments: