Tuesday, February 24, 2009

what dreams may come...


Looks like the things I thought I'd be doing this year I won't be doing and the things I will be doing I had no idea I'd be doing.

Funny though, I had this moment last month where I felt like a still small voice told me (yes, I know, I'm crazy...) that this year would be five times busier and better and bigger than last year.

(there was even a $ figure attached...)

All fine and good except that said small voice chose to start whispering right in the middle of three months of 'depths of despair uncertainty'.

"It is ever thus..."

(so says my Dad)

So true though.  You get these hits of hope right in the middle of the maelstrom.  The question becomes whether you chose to believe it and act on it or not.  The whole act on it part (action IS character) is the intangible 

That's why all the 'self-help gurus' I've been interviewing lately insist that what you put out into the World will come back to you.  Flaky-sounding shiz I'm prone to discard until I remind myself that my Bible taught me that as a man sows so shall he reap.

Sounds similar don't it?

(humble pie, humble pie, I love gurus, so says I...)

When was the last time you had a crazy thought?  A thought that was so ridiculous you felt like an arrogant prick for entertaining the thought inside the privacy of your own mind, let alone the thought of sharing it.

Remember Joseph?  Crazy dreamer.  Made the mistake of sharing his dreams with his family.

Some things are better kept between you and God.

But keep 'em between you.  Don't discard 'em.  Start acting on 'em.

Even if it it makes you feel silly.

Keep 'em private until you're ready to show the whole World in-pulpit and on-screen!

T

No comments: