Monday, July 6, 2009

a post to remember...


Oh boy.

(that's what I looked like last time I was a pastor)

My heart feels like it's going to leap out of my chest and my throat is constricted like it gets before I start sobbing or step out on stage in front of a couple thousand people.

Basically, I'm freaking out.

Why?

Well, I just went and officially put the wheels in motion.

I started a facebook page for our new Church Plant.

That's right.

(that's me leaping off the proverbial cliff...)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

And part of me's thinking, "Well it's about time.  What, were you creating sermon series notes and applying to the school board for that theater and the government for the charity number and recruiting worship leaders and starting to talk to people casually about it and registering the website for fun?"

Well, no.

But, it seems a whole other thing to put it 'out there' on facebook.  A whole other thing.

My blood pressure is spiking.

See, I know what I've just gotten myself into.  I mean, I don't 'know' all the little details pertaining to what this next stage of our lives is going to look like but I do know some things...

I know this is going to be lots of hard work.

I know I'm going to keep producing as the doors open for me to continue doing so.

I know the location will be hard to lock.

I know the first eight Sunday's will be so hard I'll wonder why we did this again.

I know we'll be smaller than I'd hoped for some time.

I know that six months in the freaks will start showing up.

I know that a year in some of the people who were there at the beginning will start hating me.

I know that we'll stress the finances for at least three years and probably forever.

I know that people are going to love worshipping.

I know that--so long as I do my part--the preaching will be refreshing and inspiring.

I know that I'll lose some TV and Film opportunities because of this.

I know that I'll gain some TV and Film opportunities because of this.

I know that my kids will love it.

I know that set up and tear down is going to SUCK for the first while.

I know that young people will start coming.

I know that people's lives will start changing.

Including mine.

"THE WELL: a burlington church".

Coming September 13, 2009.

(www.wellchurch.ca)

Details to follow--or heck--you can visit us on facebook.

Sheesh and God help me!

T

No comments: