Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Let's try this again...


The kiddoes at 'Brookfield Place' downtown T.O this week.

We were there for our annual 'Christmas in Toronto' trip. Had a good time despite super-frigid temps.

Got home to some bleak times as the workers downstairs at our rental did their best (while building a basement apartment) to drive us absolutely nuts.

We may have to move sooner rather than later.

The wife cracked a bit because of it. I wrote a post about it this morning but, due to extreme bleakness, I deleted it and am writing this one in its place.

Lemme' just say that dislocation 'aint fun, especially for my sweet wife who's wired for home and family (and the odd overseas trip and monthly 'date') more than anything else.

All I can do is keep working.

It'd be nice to SNAP! my fingers and make 200K appear out of nowhere so I could buy her the house she *really* wants but, since that's not in the cards, all I can do is keep working.

It's of some comfort (and help with our praying) that I actually have projects, finished and percolating, that have actual potential to yield some kind of snappy return in the next few months. It's one thing to pray on a wing and a prayer, another altogether to pray with focus connected to work you've already done and continue to do.

And while I'm waiting for God to do whatever it is that He's going to do, all I can do is keep working.

So come on flagship biography series, start re-selling already! Come on pending talk television series (4 of 'em), lock down already! You go, micro-budget feature-film about to distribute (at long LONG last); sell a million tickets already! Come on Hugh Hefner bio, work your magic already! Let's get busy TV drama series, you can become a reality! I believe in you graphic novel projects #1 and #2, you've got what it takes to really make an impact! 100 more bio-series episodes? I can SO do that! Do your thing baby church, you're growing at 43% in attendance and 57% in giving compared to last year, all I need you to do is DOUBLE in size by Easter 2011.

That's all.

As I said, all I can do it keep working...

And keep praying.

T

No comments: