Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years-itis...


Pretty much my favorite moment of 2010 right there.

Sailing my wee boat through the cut and into the Toronto harbor on our way to a couple of nights at the Toronto Island Marina.

I'd been dreamin' about it for years.

I've told the story, right? Summer 2009, 'UP' has just come out, I'm sitting at the Bronte Harbor with my wife and kids eating ice cream staring at the sailboats coming and going and thinking--hoping--dreaming-praying, "Someday...someday, that'll be us!"

But I'd just seen 'UP' you see, and so I just up and said it to her.

"I don't care what it takes. I don't care how small we have to go to start, I'm buying a sailboat next year and we're going to get started..."

And we did.

So, when I took my boat, with my family aboard, through the Toronto Island cut and had to dodge the ferries and got to watch the planes come in (at what seemed) twenty feet above our heads and when I got to check in to the gas dock and the entire marina (it seemed) started coming over to meet the crazy family of six that would sail to the Island on a TWENTY FOUR foot boat, and when I got to motor us over to our slip and when we got to settle in for the night well...

It was a dream come true.

So there you go, friends and two thousand some blog readers, my New Years wish for you...

May your dreams (the best, most redemptively-charged of them) come true.

And may the fact that this one dream came true for me this year charge both you and me with faith that some of our dreams for 2011 might be worth the pursuing and that, they too, might in their time and turn...

Come true.

Happy New Year!

T

No comments: