Friday, December 10, 2010

New digs...

Finally making some headway at our new studio/post-production space.

Had a 'civilized' lunch in it yesterday. All the art's up and the books are comin' in and the white board is up in the story-development/boardroom area.

Cool.

Funny thing is, it feels so familiar. It's the *same* office I've always had (since getting my official 'start' on my own as a producer in 1998), just a slightly fancier version.

There's a life-lesson there. I think so long as you're doing what you're called to do things don't every get really wildly different, they just grow incrementally (sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly) but if you're really in the 'zone' of what you've been 'made' to do, it seems to me that what you're doing and where you're doing it (since 'space' is a reflection of head-space) should always feel familiar.

Interesting.

Makes me think about the things I do and how to zone in on 'em while staying hands-off enough (on the faith side to allow room for God to be God, on the show-biz side to allow space for the creative process to unfold as it wants to) so that things happen in the way they're supposed to happen without too much manipulation from my side of things.

Learning the practice of practiced un-practice.

T

1 comment:

jaclyn said...

The Photos look awesome on the wall!!